Skip to main content

Glossybox UK - Step into Spring

Time to open another box. I've been subscribed to Glossybox for over a year now and I have honestly been thinking of cancelling my subscription for a while. Then suddenly this happens - this month's box is full of interesting brands I have never heard of! This month we have 5 full size products for only £10 + P&P.


Spring is finally here with a 'Step into Spring' theme. The new season brings a fresh approach - more colours, new products and a change to our beauty regime.


 

NAOBAY Moisturizing Peeling - full size, 100ml for £13.71

NAOBAY is a Spanish eco-brand with an amazing message - natural and organic ingredients are better for our body and the environment. The packaging is stylish, attractive, unique and every container comes from recycled or recyclable materials. This organic facial peeling milk with particles from the Acai palm tree peels gently, exfoliates the skin and removes surface cells and impurities. It helps reduce the appearance of fine lines by combining Olive oil, Shea butter and Sweet Almond oil with Gotu Kola extract that helps soothe the skin after the peel.




Dove Advanced Hair Series Youthful Vitality Shampoo & Conditioner - sample size (50ml), £5.99 for 250ml

This lightweight and hydrating duo helps to heal long and ageing hair, replenish lost nutrients and leaves the hair stronger, sleeker and looking twice as thick. I am not a big fan of Dove products but I guess it can only be good and healthy to change your shampoo and conditioner once in a while. I will give these two a chance. 




Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara - full size, 12ml for £3.30

With a price tag of £3.30, I am not expecting much from this mascara. The new lash princess mascara has a specially shaped cobra brush which promises to cover each individual lash for breathtaking volume with a great curl. I am really picky about mascaras and there are only a few I can say that work for me. I will definitely test it out, as I am super curious to find out how well it will work on my eyes.



Sleek MakeUP Pout Paint in shade Rosette - full size, £4.99 for 8ml

Sleek MakeUP is one of my favourite drug store brands, so I was really happy to find it in the box. I have never tried their Pout Paint though, so it is quite an interesting product for me. It has a high pigmentation, provides lips with intense colour and has a long-lasting finish. Pout Paint is made to be mixed with another lip colour for different shades, so the possibilities are endless.


 

ncLA Nail Lacquer in shade Like... Totally Valley Girl - full size, £13 for 15ml

I have not heard of this brand before but apparently it is ncLA's best selling shade. It is free of toxins and has a quick-dry formula. I love neon pastel colours, so I love this beautiful pink colour to start Spring!

 

I think Glossybox this month has made an improvement, I hope they keep it up!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glossybox - Iconic Hollywood Edition

This month Glossybox takes us a step back in time and worships Hollywood beauty royalty. There are four collector's edition boxes with different coloured bottoms and a Marilyn Monroe print on the cover. My box is a mint green and looking very pretty - definitely worth keeping. The box contains 5 beauty products - 3 of them full size. The products are inspired by the silver screen stars whose elegant and timeless beauty is still as relevant as it was then. The Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil and POP Beauty Kajal Eyelines Pen are both essential to achieve a time-honoured look - a red lip and feline flick. Eyes and lips are the windows to the soul - when I am doing my make up, I like to concentrate on them the most. I am glad Glossybox chose these classic staples for this month. Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in Kiss is the perfect Marilyn red. It's in pencil form which makes the application really easy and because it has the matte finish, it can be glosse

4 Days in Rome / Day 2 More sightseeing and tours

We planned for Monday to be our main sightseeing day. The morning was started with breakfast at our hotel before we left at 10am. A bus to the city centre took us just 10 minutes - €1.20 for one way ticket. Our first stop was at Piazza Venezia, a major circus and known as the central hub of Rome. The majority of Rome's popular tourist attractions are easily accessible from here and are within walking distance. The Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland) caught my eye and we decided to see it up close. This monument was built in 1925 in honour of King Victor Emmanuel, making it quite a new attraction compared to the rest of the Rome and its architecture.   From the top of the building you can see a 360 degree view of Rome. A ticket to the top costs €7 but you can stay on the roof as long as you like!    Our next stop was Santa Maria in Aracoeli , another beautiful Catholic church with a monumental staircase. While you can see the Col

Jewellery box

It is time to take a look inside my jewellery box! I don't wear many accessories during the winter. Why? Maybe because I am all wrapped up and it can be so annoying when earrings, necklaces, bracelets and so on get caught on the extra clothes. But now that spring has arrived, it is time to take all of my accessories out and start wearing them!     I had actually forgotten how much I had in this box - it was such a surprise. It felt like I had just bought them again! I found loads of hair clips and hairbands, which were all ordered from eBay. I don't think I have paid over £5 for any one of them (postage and packing included). They came from China and like everybody knows, it takes about a month for them to arrive!   This peacock hair clip is my favourite. I have worn it a couple of times and I can't really complain about the quality. It actually looks like it is worth a bit more than the £2 I paid.     I love these two hair clips. Th