Skip to main content

Glossybox UK - Fresh start must-haves

The New Year starts big with Glossybox - five full size products and a £25 gift card from HelloFresh. I am not overly excited about the gift card as I have received it several times already in other subscription boxes and magazines, I'm still not convinced enough to order food from their website. Has anyone used HelloFresh? What was your experience?

I was very excited when I opened the box as I only knew of and had tried one of the brands before (MeMeMe) so the other 4 were completely unknown to me.


Nicka K New York Colorluxe Powder Blush - €8.95 for 5g, shade Romantic

The card says that this loose powder blush makes no mess, keeps the bottom of your handbag clean and won't cause a powder explosion. I am not so sure I like it very much. I am not a big fan of loose powder blushes, so immediately I was prepared for the worst. This powder puff applicator is super soft but so hard to work with. You have to push the sponge onto your cheeks which ends in some parts being quite uneven and patchy. For me it was quite difficult to blend in and hard to get beautiful cheeks.




Naked Lips Organic Lip Balm Superfruits - €5

This 100% natural and 97% organic lip balm from Sweden really makes your lips smooth and soft. Nutritional and antioxidant-rich oils (blueberry, acai, goji, pomegranate, baobab, sunflower, beeswax, coconut) leave lips nourished and subtly sheeny. I love lip balms and I always carry them around - they're a must have for my handbag!



Kueshi Natural & Pleasant Cosmetics Revitalizing Face Toner - €10.70 for 200ml 

Kueshi is a natural cosmetic brand from Spain which has one purpose: to re-balance modern skin with a clever alchemy of natural ingredients and science-led formulations. This Revitalizing Face Toner moisturises, provides freshness and softness and restores perfect balance to the skin. The toner contains aloe vera, chamomile and calendula to calm and rehydrate skin leaving it feeling comfortable, fresh, healthy and perfectly clean. It controls shine in oily-prone areas and softens dry areas - this product sounds perfect for me! Kueshi Revitalizing Toner removes any last traces of excess oils and makeup, making it the perfect base for moisturiser application or a follow up for your regular skincare routine.



MeMeMe Eye Line Pencil in Clay - £4

MeMeMe is a British brand who have created the perfect eye-pencil - it claims to be long lasting, soft, easily applied and it glides along lashes without pulling the skin. The shade is in clay which is dark brown in colour. I am very happy with this product as it is different from the black eye liners Glossybox usually include! The shade really softens the eyes and gives a more natural day time look.



Jelly Pong Pong All Over Glow - £10 for 15g

This luminizer gel is oil-free and lightweight - it's great for problem skin and is packed with micronized pearlscent pigments to highlight the face for a fresh, radiant complection that doesn't look glittery. The shade is a gorgeous golden peach and it has a lovely shimmery and pearly finish. The pigmentation is strong and the formula is very easy to blend. It can be used along cheek and brow bones, dabbing with a finger first and then moving to a small brush to blend. As it is quite lightweight I think it could also be mixed with a foundation to give the face a beautiful glow. I love the packaging - very cute and fun. 

Sadly I am not able to use it as it really irritates my skin. Luckily I was smart enough to test it on my hands first and saved my face from redness and itchiness. I immediately washed it off but it left my hand with a sore rash for at least a few hours.



Overall I am very happy with the January box - who wouldn't like to receive 5 full size products for £10?


Comments

  1. Beauty boxes always sound like fun!

    Oly | TLV Birdie Blog
    http://tlvbirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Kueshi toner sounds like a miracle product. Controls shine and softens dry areas? Where has this been all my life! Thank you for reviewing it!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo yum - thanks for sharing these goodies with us! Let's keep in touch!!

    Best
    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try glossy box! Always been a bit scared that I'll be spending money on stuff that I might not like in the end but I guess it is good for trying new things! And it really does end up being super cheap! You've found some gems! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still not convinced by subscription boxes... I don't think I go through things quick enough to receive products every month! Looks like it was a good box this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh this months box looks like it has a lot of really good products! that powder brush sounds awesome :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only ever has glossy box once. Im really not a fan of the products. £10 is a fab price for all that you get however I just wouldn't use them so there never any point for me.
    Glad you like them though !! Its shows how different peoples tastes are :)
    Alex
    http://champagneandlemonadeox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow looks like a good box! I am always a bit skeptical, simply because I want to know what I get! Great blog

    Could you check out my blog?
    They Call Me Tania

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Glossybox - Iconic Hollywood Edition

This month Glossybox takes us a step back in time and worships Hollywood beauty royalty. There are four collector's edition boxes with different coloured bottoms and a Marilyn Monroe print on the cover. My box is a mint green and looking very pretty - definitely worth keeping. The box contains 5 beauty products - 3 of them full size. The products are inspired by the silver screen stars whose elegant and timeless beauty is still as relevant as it was then. The Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil and POP Beauty Kajal Eyelines Pen are both essential to achieve a time-honoured look - a red lip and feline flick. Eyes and lips are the windows to the soul - when I am doing my make up, I like to concentrate on them the most. I am glad Glossybox chose these classic staples for this month. Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in Kiss is the perfect Marilyn red. It's in pencil form which makes the application really easy and because it has the matte finish, it can be glosse

4 Days in Rome / Day 2 More sightseeing and tours

We planned for Monday to be our main sightseeing day. The morning was started with breakfast at our hotel before we left at 10am. A bus to the city centre took us just 10 minutes - €1.20 for one way ticket. Our first stop was at Piazza Venezia, a major circus and known as the central hub of Rome. The majority of Rome's popular tourist attractions are easily accessible from here and are within walking distance. The Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland) caught my eye and we decided to see it up close. This monument was built in 1925 in honour of King Victor Emmanuel, making it quite a new attraction compared to the rest of the Rome and its architecture.   From the top of the building you can see a 360 degree view of Rome. A ticket to the top costs €7 but you can stay on the roof as long as you like!    Our next stop was Santa Maria in Aracoeli , another beautiful Catholic church with a monumental staircase. While you can see the Col

Jewellery box

It is time to take a look inside my jewellery box! I don't wear many accessories during the winter. Why? Maybe because I am all wrapped up and it can be so annoying when earrings, necklaces, bracelets and so on get caught on the extra clothes. But now that spring has arrived, it is time to take all of my accessories out and start wearing them!     I had actually forgotten how much I had in this box - it was such a surprise. It felt like I had just bought them again! I found loads of hair clips and hairbands, which were all ordered from eBay. I don't think I have paid over £5 for any one of them (postage and packing included). They came from China and like everybody knows, it takes about a month for them to arrive!   This peacock hair clip is my favourite. I have worn it a couple of times and I can't really complain about the quality. It actually looks like it is worth a bit more than the £2 I paid.     I love these two hair clips. Th