Skip to main content

Glossybox UK November

The November 2014 Glossybox has finally arrived and there is nothing more delightful than receiving a box filled with skin loving treats! This months box contains a variety of beauty products which are perfect for protecting yourself from the cold weather. I'm happy and surprised to say that a few of the brands within this box are new discoveries for me!


Lollipops Make Up Eye Pencil - full size product, RRP €14

Lollipops is a Parisian accessories brand but since 2010 they have introduced a gorgeous and affordable makeup collection. I got the chance to try out one of their products, a “Close your eyes, go dancing!” pencil. It applies a deep metallic and shiny colour and has a nice long-lasting texture. Eye pencils are always handy to get from a beauty box as I am not a big shopper when it comes to eye make up (except for mascaras). This pencil has a couple of good properties - it is retractable (no need to sharpen) and it contains vitamin E with anti-aging and anti-radical action. 



Burt's Bees Lip Shine - full size product, RRP £6.99

I love natural cosmetics and Burt's Bees is a brand I really enjoy using. I have tried their lip products before and I've not been disappointed. This time I got my hands on this lip gloss in shade Pucker. Firstly I have to say I love the colour; I prefer darker shades (reds, plums) in the winter season so this is such a perfect pick for me. This lip gloss is also enriched with moisturising and nourishing Apricot Wax which makes lips sweet and super shiny. It contains a bit of Sunflower Seed Oil to deliver soft lips. 



H20+ Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment - sample size 8ml, RRP £27.50 for 50ml

This oil-free gel delivers deep hydration with phospholipids, multivitamin complex and moisturising marine botanicals. It is perfect for any skin type - oily, dry, combination or even sensitive! It contains Wakame, Sea Lettuce and Fennel which rapidly replenish depleted skin and fill surface lines with a surge of moisture. Vitamins A and E help skin resist daily damage from environmental stress. In one sentence - this gel is an amazing treatment for your skin! I have read loads of reviews about this product on their website and seems like this really is a miracle product!



MONU Skincare Firming Fiji Facial Oil - sample size 30ml, RRP £26 for 100ml

This MONU facial oil contains plant oils such as Hazel Seed, Rosewood and Apricot Seed. It helps the face feel toned, firmed, calmed and dehydrated and it can be applied at night for an intensive treat. I am excited to try it out as I have been looking for a new product for my night time regime. This facial oil is delicate on sensitive skin as it contains natural ingredients and has a paraben free formulation.



Umberto Giannini Tousled Salt Spray - full size product, £6 for 200ml


Umberto Giannini is an award winning haircare product from Birmingham in the UK. It suits all hair types and gives a super sexy look as well as a perfect lived-in texture. I love salt sprays so much, I couldn't resist trying it the same day I got my box! I like how the spray gives the hair a lighter texture without making it look heavy. I prefer a more natural look so this is the perfect product for 'beach curly hair'. I've used Toni&Guy Sea Salt Spray before and I have found that the Umberto Giannini spray works the same way and is more affordable. 



The box also included a Best Secret personal invitation and a £20 gift card. Best Secret is a true 'by invitation only' shopping community which means you cannot directly register for membership, nor will you find an invitation link on the Internet. You can only become a member by personal recommendation of an existing member. It has over 1000 designers, over a million products and more than 500 new deals every day. It seems like a shopping paradise! Thank you, Glossybox!

I think this months Glossybox has been surprisingly good! For only £10 + P&P, it is an amazing price to pay for 3 full size products, 2 (winter essential) testers and a secret club invitation + £20 gift card. 

Has anybody used these products before? What have your experiences been?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glossybox - Iconic Hollywood Edition

This month Glossybox takes us a step back in time and worships Hollywood beauty royalty. There are four collector's edition boxes with different coloured bottoms and a Marilyn Monroe print on the cover. My box is a mint green and looking very pretty - definitely worth keeping. The box contains 5 beauty products - 3 of them full size. The products are inspired by the silver screen stars whose elegant and timeless beauty is still as relevant as it was then. The Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil and POP Beauty Kajal Eyelines Pen are both essential to achieve a time-honoured look - a red lip and feline flick. Eyes and lips are the windows to the soul - when I am doing my make up, I like to concentrate on them the most. I am glad Glossybox chose these classic staples for this month. Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in Kiss is the perfect Marilyn red. It's in pencil form which makes the application really easy and because it has the matte finish, it can be glosse

4 Days in Rome / Day 2 More sightseeing and tours

We planned for Monday to be our main sightseeing day. The morning was started with breakfast at our hotel before we left at 10am. A bus to the city centre took us just 10 minutes - €1.20 for one way ticket. Our first stop was at Piazza Venezia, a major circus and known as the central hub of Rome. The majority of Rome's popular tourist attractions are easily accessible from here and are within walking distance. The Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland) caught my eye and we decided to see it up close. This monument was built in 1925 in honour of King Victor Emmanuel, making it quite a new attraction compared to the rest of the Rome and its architecture.   From the top of the building you can see a 360 degree view of Rome. A ticket to the top costs €7 but you can stay on the roof as long as you like!    Our next stop was Santa Maria in Aracoeli , another beautiful Catholic church with a monumental staircase. While you can see the Col

Jewellery box

It is time to take a look inside my jewellery box! I don't wear many accessories during the winter. Why? Maybe because I am all wrapped up and it can be so annoying when earrings, necklaces, bracelets and so on get caught on the extra clothes. But now that spring has arrived, it is time to take all of my accessories out and start wearing them!     I had actually forgotten how much I had in this box - it was such a surprise. It felt like I had just bought them again! I found loads of hair clips and hairbands, which were all ordered from eBay. I don't think I have paid over £5 for any one of them (postage and packing included). They came from China and like everybody knows, it takes about a month for them to arrive!   This peacock hair clip is my favourite. I have worn it a couple of times and I can't really complain about the quality. It actually looks like it is worth a bit more than the £2 I paid.     I love these two hair clips. Th