Skip to main content

Glossybox 3rd Birthday

Glossybox is celebrating their 3rd birthday with a lovely matte looking box. The Glossy team kept the pastel pink shade but replaced the shiny glossy cover on their box. I have kept almost all of my boxes for storage - they are really cute, especially if there is a theme (Valentine's day, Independence day, Christmas etc). They look so beautiful! I always keep my things very organised and I don't see a reason to throw them away! I was looking forward for this months box. I got many emails from Glossybox before they sent this box out, giving away a few hints of what might be inside!






 

I'll start with the Kryolan Highlighter in shade Cashmere. Kryolan is a professional high end make up brand which has developed an exclusive highlighter just for Glossybox. I love the lid - it has a Glossybox logo on it and it has a cool design for the anniversary (reminds me of the box). This highlighter is lightweight and very creamy which makes it easy to apply. It provides cheekbones with a beautiful velvety shine. I have never heard of this brand before but I am definitely up for trying this product out. The shade looks very natural and I can see myself using this a lot. RRP £12.95 for full size product 4.5g.



 


I am super excited for the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. I love hair treatments and this product is just so perfect for me! This pre-shampoo treatment, originally created specifically for Audrey Hepburn, is the world’s first pre-shampoo conditioning treatment. Intensely moisturising Elasticizer delivers a deep moisture to the hair’s cuticle, elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine without weighing down or coating the hair. It is also fragrance free and suitable for all hair textures. This treatment should be done before shampooing wet hair (applied to mid lengths and ends), covered with a shower cap and left in for 20 minutes or more, then rinsed and followed with shampoo and conditioner. Full size £38 for 250ml. Mine is a sample size of 40ml, which would be perfect to take with me when I am travelling around. I love doing treatments for hair/body when I am staying in hotels.


Comfort Zone is a brand I have never heard of before. I haven't used cleansing milk for years now as I haven't found a good facial cleanser. All of my previous ones have made my skin break out badly. This Essentials Cleansing Milk is something I am quite happy to try out though. The Glossy card describes this milk as gentle on the skin, containing anti-oxidants and hydrating active ingredients, which are perfect for daily use for all skin conditions. It removes make up/residues of debris in the morning/pollution perfectly and leaves skin healthy and balanced day after day. It should be applied to dry skin in the morning and evening, massaged gently, rinsed well or removed with a cotton pad. RRP £20 for 200ml.

 

I am so happy when I find Yves Rocher products inside my beauty boxes! It reminds me of when I was younger when I made cosmetic orders with my mum. She was constantly buying products from Yves Rocher and I was always there trying to get something for myself! I love nail polishes and there is never enough pretty pink shades. Yes, it is quite small but I am not complaining! For testing out it is just perfect and as I like making my nails colourful, it leaves plenty of room for other nail polishes! RRP £3.60 for a 3ml

 

I have been using Figs & Rouge Mini Hand Cream for a few days now and I am absolutely loving it! I can't believe how quickly it absorbs and also leaves hands so moisturised at the same time. It does not leave my hands greasy and I don't have to worry about leaving marks everywhere. This hand cream is enriched with shea butter, natural antioxidants and algea extract. Also it is strongly fragranced; I got Rose Berry, which smells amazing, just like candies! RRP £6.95 for a 80ml. Mine is sample size of 20ml. I guess I have to make an order soon to get a larger tube!



Lalique L'Amour is a fragrance for women launched in 2013. I love discovering new scents and I love getting small perfume testers from beauty boxes. The scent is very soft and sensual. It is still very flowery, so it is perfect for daytime wear. RRP £67 for 50ml.


I am very happy with this months box! I have made some great discoveries from new brands and am also very happy to try out all of the products. I love beauty boxes, they are like little presents you are waiting for every month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glossybox - Iconic Hollywood Edition

This month Glossybox takes us a step back in time and worships Hollywood beauty royalty. There are four collector's edition boxes with different coloured bottoms and a Marilyn Monroe print on the cover. My box is a mint green and looking very pretty - definitely worth keeping. The box contains 5 beauty products - 3 of them full size. The products are inspired by the silver screen stars whose elegant and timeless beauty is still as relevant as it was then. The Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil and POP Beauty Kajal Eyelines Pen are both essential to achieve a time-honoured look - a red lip and feline flick. Eyes and lips are the windows to the soul - when I am doing my make up, I like to concentrate on them the most. I am glad Glossybox chose these classic staples for this month. Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in Kiss is the perfect Marilyn red. It's in pencil form which makes the application really easy and because it has the matte finish, it can be glosse

4 Days in Rome / Day 2 More sightseeing and tours

We planned for Monday to be our main sightseeing day. The morning was started with breakfast at our hotel before we left at 10am. A bus to the city centre took us just 10 minutes - €1.20 for one way ticket. Our first stop was at Piazza Venezia, a major circus and known as the central hub of Rome. The majority of Rome's popular tourist attractions are easily accessible from here and are within walking distance. The Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland) caught my eye and we decided to see it up close. This monument was built in 1925 in honour of King Victor Emmanuel, making it quite a new attraction compared to the rest of the Rome and its architecture.   From the top of the building you can see a 360 degree view of Rome. A ticket to the top costs €7 but you can stay on the roof as long as you like!    Our next stop was Santa Maria in Aracoeli , another beautiful Catholic church with a monumental staircase. While you can see the Col

Jewellery box

It is time to take a look inside my jewellery box! I don't wear many accessories during the winter. Why? Maybe because I am all wrapped up and it can be so annoying when earrings, necklaces, bracelets and so on get caught on the extra clothes. But now that spring has arrived, it is time to take all of my accessories out and start wearing them!     I had actually forgotten how much I had in this box - it was such a surprise. It felt like I had just bought them again! I found loads of hair clips and hairbands, which were all ordered from eBay. I don't think I have paid over £5 for any one of them (postage and packing included). They came from China and like everybody knows, it takes about a month for them to arrive!   This peacock hair clip is my favourite. I have worn it a couple of times and I can't really complain about the quality. It actually looks like it is worth a bit more than the £2 I paid.     I love these two hair clips. Th