Skip to main content

Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide

Kayla Itsines is a 23 year old woman from Adelaide, Australia. In 2008, she started a personal training course at the Australian Institute of Fitness and after graduation she started a job at a 'women's only' personal training center. She soon realised that the methods she was instructed to use often fell short or did not provide the results the client was aspiring to achieve. Kayla left the training facility and started her own company aimed at helping women achieve a bikini body in the most efficient and effective way possible. Her clients saw amazing results in 12 weeks or sometimes even sooner and began to tell their friends and spread an amazing positive message. 

I can't remember exactly how I found Kayla on Instagram but since that day I have been admiring her dedication to her work, life and to her followers and the inspiration she gives to her girls. To girls who want to change their life like I do! I started to follow her on Instagram when she had around 700,000 followers and about a year later she has doubled the numbers. Every day she is posting an inspiring transformation from another person, beautiful pictures of food and showing a bit of her life and work.

My journey began in January 2013 when I decided to change my lifestyle and move towards a healthier me. My friend in Estonia had her nutrition plan put together by the well known personal trainer, Marek Kalmus. She recommended I started the same way, so I paid about €25 and got my nutrition plan a few hours later! I lost 7kg in 2 months - I got back my confidence and felt amazing after seeing the results so quickly. I changed my eating habits and learned a lot about food and nutrition. 

The picture on the left was taken in March 2012 and picture on the right is me now.  

I haven't done any proper exercise since starting my healthy lifestyle two years ago. Yes, I have been at the gym for a few months and done a small amount of training now and then but I am definitely not in shape. I realised I need to change something before it's too late. I am not overweight but I am not skinny either. I have a bit of extra weight on my belly, bum and legs which means I have to work these areas out most.

Two weeks ago my friend Marianne and I started Kayla's Bikini Body Guide. Marianne bought the Training Guide and H-E-L-P (Healthy Eating Lifestyle Plan) from Kayla's website for $120 AUD which is about £60. It is a lot of money I know but this should inspire and motivate us even more!

Bikini Body Training Guide has 12 weeks of workouts and all of the exercises have been explained with pictures and detailed descriptions. I have found the workouts are hard to do! I am struggling a lot to finish these circuit training sessions in time. 

Kayla's program consists of 7 minute circuits with 4 exercises in each - it means you have 4 exercises to repeat in 7 minutes. After that you can allow a 30 to 90 second rest. Each workout will consist of two rounds of two different circuits. In total, it means you have to exercise 4 x 7 = 28 minutes. There are 3 workouts each week (we work out on Monday, Wednesday and Friday). Between workout days, you also have 3 days of LISS cardio training which can be 30 minutes of power walking (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) and 1 session of HIIT (10 to 15 minutes of interval sprints). 


Marianne and I are only working out circuit training at the moment. I was surprised when I started using the training guide - I never thought I was so weak. I literally don't have the strength sometimes to do the exercises. I know I have to push myself. I scream, I hurt but I finish them! For the first time in my life I am actually enjoying fitness. My legs and arms might hurt after a workout but I feel good - I am moving towards a toned body.


I love Kayla's nutrition guide! It contains a 7 day menu plan, dinner recipes, information about different food groups and lifestyle changes (eating out, partying, work events, family celebrations, cheat meals). I already know about food and healthy eating a lot. I know exactly what I should be avoiding and which foods are good for my body. I don't follow Kayla's 7 day menu plan 100% but I use it as a template to follow.

The biggest challenge for me is giving up sweet snacks. I love cookies, candies, cakes, chocolate... everything sweet really! Before I started BBG I promised myself I wouldn't cheat. During the two weeks of training so far I have been trying my hardest to keep away from sugar. Sadly, I have failed more than I am allowed! I can't stop myself forever, so I decided that whenever I have a big need for a sugar I won't run to the shop but will instead make and bake something healthy myself.

I have also posted a FUN table from Kayla's H-E-L-P guide as a reminder that I have to stay strong and not give in to my cravings!


I will let you all know how I am doing in a few weeks time and how my progress is going!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this, I'm intrigued to see how your progress goes and develops! Have a lovely weekend! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing Kayla Itsines at the moment! How hard are the workouts- ouch!!

    Looking forward to seeing your progress :)

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Glossybox - Iconic Hollywood Edition

This month Glossybox takes us a step back in time and worships Hollywood beauty royalty. There are four collector's edition boxes with different coloured bottoms and a Marilyn Monroe print on the cover. My box is a mint green and looking very pretty - definitely worth keeping. The box contains 5 beauty products - 3 of them full size. The products are inspired by the silver screen stars whose elegant and timeless beauty is still as relevant as it was then. The Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil and POP Beauty Kajal Eyelines Pen are both essential to achieve a time-honoured look - a red lip and feline flick. Eyes and lips are the windows to the soul - when I am doing my make up, I like to concentrate on them the most. I am glad Glossybox chose these classic staples for this month. Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in Kiss is the perfect Marilyn red. It's in pencil form which makes the application really easy and because it has the matte finish, it can be glosse

4 Days in Rome / Day 2 More sightseeing and tours

We planned for Monday to be our main sightseeing day. The morning was started with breakfast at our hotel before we left at 10am. A bus to the city centre took us just 10 minutes - €1.20 for one way ticket. Our first stop was at Piazza Venezia, a major circus and known as the central hub of Rome. The majority of Rome's popular tourist attractions are easily accessible from here and are within walking distance. The Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland) caught my eye and we decided to see it up close. This monument was built in 1925 in honour of King Victor Emmanuel, making it quite a new attraction compared to the rest of the Rome and its architecture.   From the top of the building you can see a 360 degree view of Rome. A ticket to the top costs €7 but you can stay on the roof as long as you like!    Our next stop was Santa Maria in Aracoeli , another beautiful Catholic church with a monumental staircase. While you can see the Col

Jewellery box

It is time to take a look inside my jewellery box! I don't wear many accessories during the winter. Why? Maybe because I am all wrapped up and it can be so annoying when earrings, necklaces, bracelets and so on get caught on the extra clothes. But now that spring has arrived, it is time to take all of my accessories out and start wearing them!     I had actually forgotten how much I had in this box - it was such a surprise. It felt like I had just bought them again! I found loads of hair clips and hairbands, which were all ordered from eBay. I don't think I have paid over £5 for any one of them (postage and packing included). They came from China and like everybody knows, it takes about a month for them to arrive!   This peacock hair clip is my favourite. I have worn it a couple of times and I can't really complain about the quality. It actually looks like it is worth a bit more than the £2 I paid.     I love these two hair clips. Th