Skip to main content

My shopping addicition

This month I've renewed a number of products in my beauty regime; bought new make up products and accessories; and have added a few things to my wardrobe. I think shopping is my secret little addiction. Tristan always says that our bathroom is filled with my beauty products and that there isn't even a place for his toothbrush. The wardrobes are full of my clothes and with all of the shoes in the corridor, it feels like we have 10 people over. I did a big clean out today - I got rid of some old products and put a load of clothes aside to donate.


L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Illuminating Super Serum and L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminosity Day Cream have been my favourites for years and I have just started using them again. I recently changed my skin care regime but sadly the product (
Clinique Facial Soap - read my review here) made my face break out badly. It caused blemishes, red marks and gave me an uneven skin tone. My previous experience with L'Oreal Youth Code Serum and Day Cream has been great - it helps to fade the appearance of any spots and marks on the skin. I also bought a L'Oréal Paris Triple Active Anti-Shine Mattifying Hydrating Moisturiser for oily and combination skin from Superdrug as they had a huge sale on L'Oreal products. It was only £4 (I think RRP £7) so it would have been a mistake not to buy it. 


I have heard so many great things about Bourjois lipsticks and so I've added these two Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque Liquid Lipsticks to my collection! I saw a ''2 for £14'' deal in Boots and couldn't resist buying them. I got mine in the shades Appechissant 01 and in Viens si tu roses 04. They have a non-sticky formula and are very water-light on lips. 

 

I ordered this White Professional Cosmetics Brushes Set from Amazon for £2.49. The set includes a small pointed brush, small round head brush, small flat brush and a small angle brush. They are super soft, amazing quality and they don't feel cheap at all. 



I've had a Best Secret order arrive too. I saw these Peppa Rose Espadrilles for only £7.90 (RRP £29.90) and decided to get them. I think these shoes will be perfect for my upcoming Rome trip. I added a necklace by Sweet Deluxe (£5.90, RRP £18.95) (seen in the first picture) and a couple of clothing items.



I still have more things due to arrive in the next few days, as I ordered some eyeshadow palettes for summer. I am not very good with eye make up so this will give me the chance to practice and play more with colours.

Comments

  1. I love everything you got! ;A; The brushes look amazing and of great quality! Thank you for sharing~
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the review!! Xoxo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love buying new brushes! I just bought some as well and I swear by them now. Would love to check out the loreal products here. Also, loving those shoes so so much!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have great shopping haul - I'm absolutely in love with your espadrilles!

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried so many products for dark spots but they never seem to work out, so I've given up hope. But now you've excited me with this l'oreal product. Thanks for the rec :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally love everything you bought Jana, especially those gorgeous shoes. So, so perfect for Summer! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shoes and I would love to own them, too :)
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you donate unwanted clothing to charities, I do the same and it can be a very nice feeling knowing they're going to someone who will appreciate them more! The cosmetic brushes you ordered look fabulous.. and have reminded me I need to invest in some new ones too! :)


    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous purchases! I've also heard a lot about those Bourjois lip products - the shades you picked up look so pretty! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these, especially those liquid lipsticks! They look amazing :) Great haul!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. these espadrilles are upper cute, LOVE the pattern so much

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your flats!!!!!!!
    f4f?
    have a nice day my dear!
    Isidora
    see my new post:
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those brushes look amazing. Subscribed xx

    Pop on over | Rachael Styles Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. That necklace looks gorgeous :) And I really need to try those Bourjois lipsticks!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I love those espadrilles and those brushes look so good!!!

    http://www.ruthyb1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Glossybox - Iconic Hollywood Edition

This month Glossybox takes us a step back in time and worships Hollywood beauty royalty. There are four collector's edition boxes with different coloured bottoms and a Marilyn Monroe print on the cover. My box is a mint green and looking very pretty - definitely worth keeping. The box contains 5 beauty products - 3 of them full size. The products are inspired by the silver screen stars whose elegant and timeless beauty is still as relevant as it was then. The Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil and POP Beauty Kajal Eyelines Pen are both essential to achieve a time-honoured look - a red lip and feline flick. Eyes and lips are the windows to the soul - when I am doing my make up, I like to concentrate on them the most. I am glad Glossybox chose these classic staples for this month. Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in Kiss is the perfect Marilyn red. It's in pencil form which makes the application really easy and because it has the matte finish, it can be glosse

4 Days in Rome / Day 2 More sightseeing and tours

We planned for Monday to be our main sightseeing day. The morning was started with breakfast at our hotel before we left at 10am. A bus to the city centre took us just 10 minutes - €1.20 for one way ticket. Our first stop was at Piazza Venezia, a major circus and known as the central hub of Rome. The majority of Rome's popular tourist attractions are easily accessible from here and are within walking distance. The Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland) caught my eye and we decided to see it up close. This monument was built in 1925 in honour of King Victor Emmanuel, making it quite a new attraction compared to the rest of the Rome and its architecture.   From the top of the building you can see a 360 degree view of Rome. A ticket to the top costs €7 but you can stay on the roof as long as you like!    Our next stop was Santa Maria in Aracoeli , another beautiful Catholic church with a monumental staircase. While you can see the Col

Jewellery box

It is time to take a look inside my jewellery box! I don't wear many accessories during the winter. Why? Maybe because I am all wrapped up and it can be so annoying when earrings, necklaces, bracelets and so on get caught on the extra clothes. But now that spring has arrived, it is time to take all of my accessories out and start wearing them!     I had actually forgotten how much I had in this box - it was such a surprise. It felt like I had just bought them again! I found loads of hair clips and hairbands, which were all ordered from eBay. I don't think I have paid over £5 for any one of them (postage and packing included). They came from China and like everybody knows, it takes about a month for them to arrive!   This peacock hair clip is my favourite. I have worn it a couple of times and I can't really complain about the quality. It actually looks like it is worth a bit more than the £2 I paid.     I love these two hair clips. Th