Skip to main content

The Wanderlust Tag


I've been dreaming of having another holiday, so today's post will be The Wanderlust Tag - hopefully it will give me some inspiration! 

1. Where was your first plane to?
The first time I traveled by plane was in 2010 when I arrived in Scotland to work over the summer. My three friends and I worked in strawberry farm near a little town called Blairgowrie. It was a great experience and I had so much fun working, making new friends and practicing/learning English. It made me want to come back and live in England.

 



2. You're leaving tomorrow, money is no object, where are you going?
Australia. I've visited Australia before and I fell in love with the country the second I landed.
 

 


3. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
Both. I like to visit new countries but I always love to go back to places I've already been. I don't think you can get to know a place properly on the first visit. It's good to go back and see the things you've missed. There are two places at the top of my list that I'd like to visit again - Russia and France. I visited both places in winter and would like to go back when it's warmer as there would be so much to do. 




4. Hostel or Hotel?
For me - hotels. I love my privacy and I don't think I could be comfortable sleeping in the same room as strangers. 

5. Where would you travel just to eat the food?
Estonia. I love my mums potato salads and her cookie cakes, eating in a local restaurant or having a typical Estonian breakfast.


 





6. Airplane essentials and how do you pass the time?
Skin care products (face tonic, deep hydrating cream, hand cream, lip balm), a neck pillow and good music are always with me on a flight. I wear contact lenses and being on a plane dries out my eyes, so glasses on a long distance flight are also essential for me. To pass the time I usually read a book, listen to music, watch a movie/TV show or chat with Tristan. If there's nothing else to do, I can always sleep! 

7. Is there a place you would never go again?
I don't think so, at least not at the moment. I've enjoyed every single trip I have been on so far. 

8. Your top 3 travel items?
Camera - my Canon EOS 100D is one of the smallest and lightest DSLRs. It is so compact and really easy to carry around. 
Handbag - to carry everything I need on my travels: iPhone, wallet, sunglasses, etc.
Tristan - I know he is not an item but I wouldn't travel anywhere without him. 

9. Preferred method of travel, planes, trains or automobiles?
I don't mind traveling on any form of transport. 

Comments

  1. Love your photos from Australia! :) I've been living in Sydney for a while now and loving it. Also, didn't realise Estonian food was so similar to Russian - the salads you shared - Olivie and the radish salad - my favourite! Hope you get to travel lots this year. It's my favourite thing to do!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Can't believe you got to feed a kangaroo! <3 Thanks so much for the visit!

    House of Illusions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Glossybox - Iconic Hollywood Edition

This month Glossybox takes us a step back in time and worships Hollywood beauty royalty. There are four collector's edition boxes with different coloured bottoms and a Marilyn Monroe print on the cover. My box is a mint green and looking very pretty - definitely worth keeping. The box contains 5 beauty products - 3 of them full size. The products are inspired by the silver screen stars whose elegant and timeless beauty is still as relevant as it was then. The Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil and POP Beauty Kajal Eyelines Pen are both essential to achieve a time-honoured look - a red lip and feline flick. Eyes and lips are the windows to the soul - when I am doing my make up, I like to concentrate on them the most. I am glad Glossybox chose these classic staples for this month. Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in Kiss is the perfect Marilyn red. It's in pencil form which makes the application really easy and because it has the matte finish, it can be glosse

4 Days in Rome / Day 2 More sightseeing and tours

We planned for Monday to be our main sightseeing day. The morning was started with breakfast at our hotel before we left at 10am. A bus to the city centre took us just 10 minutes - €1.20 for one way ticket. Our first stop was at Piazza Venezia, a major circus and known as the central hub of Rome. The majority of Rome's popular tourist attractions are easily accessible from here and are within walking distance. The Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland) caught my eye and we decided to see it up close. This monument was built in 1925 in honour of King Victor Emmanuel, making it quite a new attraction compared to the rest of the Rome and its architecture.   From the top of the building you can see a 360 degree view of Rome. A ticket to the top costs €7 but you can stay on the roof as long as you like!    Our next stop was Santa Maria in Aracoeli , another beautiful Catholic church with a monumental staircase. While you can see the Col

Jewellery box

It is time to take a look inside my jewellery box! I don't wear many accessories during the winter. Why? Maybe because I am all wrapped up and it can be so annoying when earrings, necklaces, bracelets and so on get caught on the extra clothes. But now that spring has arrived, it is time to take all of my accessories out and start wearing them!     I had actually forgotten how much I had in this box - it was such a surprise. It felt like I had just bought them again! I found loads of hair clips and hairbands, which were all ordered from eBay. I don't think I have paid over £5 for any one of them (postage and packing included). They came from China and like everybody knows, it takes about a month for them to arrive!   This peacock hair clip is my favourite. I have worn it a couple of times and I can't really complain about the quality. It actually looks like it is worth a bit more than the £2 I paid.     I love these two hair clips. Th