Skip to main content

Sheinside order was a huge disappointment

Recently, I made a big summer order from Sheinside. I was really excited because most of the clothes were on sale. I like their style and prints and of course the price is just too cheap, so I got really tempted and ordered several skirts, dresses, t-shirts and shorts. When the package arrived I had high hopes. I tried all of the clothes on and took pictures to show you all why I will never, ever get anything from Sheinside again.

I am starting with things I am most disappointed in.

I was really looking forward to wearing this white, floral dress. At first I noticed a tiny but still very annoying stain.



Second - I tried the dress on, looked quite okay. Not the best quality material, maybe a bit too light and see-through but I thought I'd give it a chance. When I took it off, it tore very easily and I do not think I would even bother repairing or washing it, as all this mess put me off.



Here is a link to how it looks on the Sheinside page. I paid £9 for sale price, RRP £15.



Here are the shorts, which I couldn't even try on, as the button came off. The button is made out of plastic, so I am not surprised at all! I ordered size S, but they are a bit too tight. Mostly I am annoyed with the quality though. I paid £9 for sale price, RRP £12. Here is a link to the Sheinside page. 

If anyone thinks they would fit in these shorts and it is no problem for them to replace the button, please email me and I wouldn't mind posting them to you! Shorts : hips - 80 cm / 31.5 inch. Thigh - 53 cm / 21 inch. I like my shorts a bit loose, these are too tight around my legs.







The next one I was waiting for the most. I was really excited to get this high waist pleated skirt. I was caught by this lovely bright green colour. Sadly this skirt is too tight at the waist. I ordered size M but I don't think I could fit top/T-shirt inside. Also, it is not quite as long as I expected and the colour is a bit different too. I got it for £8, RRP £11. Here is also a link to their page.





This green floral pleated skirt didn't look so nice on their web page as it looked in real life. I didn't like it but Tristan recommended it, so I thought I'd trust his fashion sense. My size is S and the measurements are right! Finally! It stays nicely on the hips and the quality is also quite good. I like the floral pattern and this summery look. Material is light and hopefully after the first wash creases will come out. I got it for £7, RRP £11.



As seen on my left (at the bottom of the dress), it is good to check for hanging threads before trying on clothes.


 

It has two pockets on the sides. Here is a link to this dress on the Sheinside page. 


And my favourite so far - the winner is Blue Floral Flare Organza Skirt. I absolutely love it! The skirt reminds me so much of Estonia, probably because of the flag colours. I got it for £9, RRP £11. These clothes have not been washed or ironed in the pictures, so they might look a bit unworn. This dress will definitely be my summer most-worn skirt. As soon as the sun comes out I will wear it!





Zip on the back looks good and I love the golden colour. Link to their page is here.



Here are two T-shirts I got, which fit very well and are worth the price I paid.

Links are here (cat) and here (pockets). 



As I am already talking about Sheinside here, I might as well post a picture of a dress I ordered at the beginning of the year (February). Link for this dress is here. I paid £18, RRP £40. I really like this long Chiffon dress but I am afraid it doesn't go with my figure and I quite imagine it more as a maternity dress. 









I must admit I am not pleased with Sheinside at all. I think out of any 3 things I order from them, only 1 will have met my expectations. I have made orders 3 times now and this will be my last. Yes, the clothes are cheap but it doesn't mean they have to be crap. I think Sheiniside is a bit misleading, all these clothes looks perfect in their online shop and when you get them, it can be a huge disappoinment.

Comments

  1. See roheline lilledega seelik on nii kena. Nii palju kui mul endal on olnud kogemust Hiinast tellituga, siis tulebki arvestada sellega,et tihti ei vasta ilus reklaampilt tegelikkusele ja see, et riie selga ära laguneb (või saabub plekkidega, mida ei saa eemaldada) on täitsa tavaline nähtus. Mul endal on muidugi Hiina asjadega veel see probleem, et kuna ma olen pikemat kasvu (1,75), siis enamik sealseid maxi pikkuses asju on minu seljas mingi väga kahtlase pikkusega ja noh minid on nii minid, et kanda neid ei saa :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jah, olen sinuga täitsa nõus! Eks ma sisimas kuskil teadsin küll, et midagi sellist võib juhtuda. Olen varem tellinud eBay'st(need riided, mis Hiinast tulevad) ja pole ka 100% rahul olnud. Internetist on muidugi hea ja mugav asju tellida ja eriti veel, kui on selline odav pood, mis kohe kutsub asju ostukorvi panema. Minu eelnevad tellimused Sheinside'ist pole olnud nii hullud, kui see viimane nüüd. Plekkidega riided on aga midagi sellist küll, mis mu tuju ära rikuvad!

      Delete
  2. Väga nõme, et plekilised ja katkised/kiiresti katkiminevad riideid saadetakse. On neil mingi garantiitaoline asi ka, et saab pleki vms korral tagasi saata? Igatahes ei julge mina sealt tellima hakatagi, kuna olen lugenud viimasel ajal nii palju halvustavaid postitusi selle saidi kohta. Siis veel küsimus: On need lühikesed teksapüksid veel alles? Kui jah, oleksin ma neist huvitatud :)
    Palju päikest Sulle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei! Tänan kommenteerimast!

    Sheinside'il peaks olema küll nii nimetatud 'return policy', aga ise peab maksma postikulu eest. Ma ei tea, kui palju Hiinasse postiga saatmine on, aga arvatavasti tuleb riide hind lõpuks kokku. Mina ei viitsinud hakata mässama ja andsin osa riideid ära, teksapüksid sealhulgas. Sorry! Kui sa aga huvitatud oled, siis just tühjendasin oma kappi ja panin kõrvale kaks H&M kleiti, mida ainult paar korda olen kandnud. Kuna ma olen suur shoppaja, siis kahjuks jääb nii palju riideid kandmata. Anyways, mõtlesin need eBaysse panna, aga samas pole mul ka neid kahju tasuta ära anda! Kui oled huvitatud, jäta oma email(saadan pildid, räägime seal edasi) või kirjuta mulle ise - helandijana@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello

    I have read your blog it was fantastic experience about floral dress, shorts, long Chiffon dress,
    We could visit our site it is related to online womens clothing website http://mall140.com/index.php/overalls-for-women/dresses/fashion-clothing-trendy-clothes.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Glossybox - Iconic Hollywood Edition

This month Glossybox takes us a step back in time and worships Hollywood beauty royalty. There are four collector's edition boxes with different coloured bottoms and a Marilyn Monroe print on the cover. My box is a mint green and looking very pretty - definitely worth keeping. The box contains 5 beauty products - 3 of them full size. The products are inspired by the silver screen stars whose elegant and timeless beauty is still as relevant as it was then. The Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil and POP Beauty Kajal Eyelines Pen are both essential to achieve a time-honoured look - a red lip and feline flick. Eyes and lips are the windows to the soul - when I am doing my make up, I like to concentrate on them the most. I am glad Glossybox chose these classic staples for this month. Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in Kiss is the perfect Marilyn red. It's in pencil form which makes the application really easy and because it has the matte finish, it can be glosse

4 Days in Rome / Day 2 More sightseeing and tours

We planned for Monday to be our main sightseeing day. The morning was started with breakfast at our hotel before we left at 10am. A bus to the city centre took us just 10 minutes - €1.20 for one way ticket. Our first stop was at Piazza Venezia, a major circus and known as the central hub of Rome. The majority of Rome's popular tourist attractions are easily accessible from here and are within walking distance. The Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland) caught my eye and we decided to see it up close. This monument was built in 1925 in honour of King Victor Emmanuel, making it quite a new attraction compared to the rest of the Rome and its architecture.   From the top of the building you can see a 360 degree view of Rome. A ticket to the top costs €7 but you can stay on the roof as long as you like!    Our next stop was Santa Maria in Aracoeli , another beautiful Catholic church with a monumental staircase. While you can see the Col

Jewellery box

It is time to take a look inside my jewellery box! I don't wear many accessories during the winter. Why? Maybe because I am all wrapped up and it can be so annoying when earrings, necklaces, bracelets and so on get caught on the extra clothes. But now that spring has arrived, it is time to take all of my accessories out and start wearing them!     I had actually forgotten how much I had in this box - it was such a surprise. It felt like I had just bought them again! I found loads of hair clips and hairbands, which were all ordered from eBay. I don't think I have paid over £5 for any one of them (postage and packing included). They came from China and like everybody knows, it takes about a month for them to arrive!   This peacock hair clip is my favourite. I have worn it a couple of times and I can't really complain about the quality. It actually looks like it is worth a bit more than the £2 I paid.     I love these two hair clips. Th